Friday, November 30, 2007

Some marketing, some pics of things I've made recently








Here are the purses I made. I'm finally home to post pics. I realized that I didn't take pictures of anything else I sewed while away. :( Gotta hate that!

I tried today to get MonsterBug Blankets listed on google and yahoo. My mother-in-law just did it for the business she works for--why on earth didn't I have her help me while I was there??? She said it was free. I did list on google's business locater, and added some tags onto my domain (hosted by yahoo). Google even had a coupon I could post. So I did. :) We'll see--I'm not holding my breath that this will help generate any business. :) But if it does--someone will get 10% off!

I received my car stickers from http://www.monsterpromos.etsy.com/!!! Now I need to figure out where I want them, and stick them on! I also updated this blog with an etsy mini--a sample of my shop! I like it--don't you think it's cute??

That's it so far today. Oh, and unpacking! Boy is it nice to be home!!!

MonsterBug Blankets
http://www.monsterbugblankets.com/
http://www.monsterbugblankets.shutterfly.com/
Blankets for babies to drool on and toddlers to cuddle under!

Meant to post these earlier:
My new wallet, from a map of Tauberbischofsheim--near where we lived for four years.






Monster's new diaper/wipes pouch-love that train fabric!

2 comments:

becka said...

the wallets made from maps are they laminated first or how did you go about making them more durable?

MonsterBug Blankets said...

Sorry, Becka, I didn't see your comment. I covered the maps with vinyl I bought at walmart. I felt the different thicknesses, and bought the one that felt right. :) I used a walking foot on my sewing machine to get the wallet to feed right, and the tension can get a bit weird, too. Someone suggested using a piece of tissue paper over the vinyl to get it to feed better with a regular foot, then tearing it away when you're done sewing.