Saturday, December 8, 2007

Busy Saturday

It's been a busy day. Daddy and Bug went Christmas shopping--for me!--and also bought a Christmas tree. Monster napped the whole time they were gone--yah!--and so I got to sew my butt off. But first, I had to call my sewing guru, Sonja, because I had this lovely, thick table runner fabric that I was scared would ruin my machine. I ruined my first sewing machine years ago because I kept trying to sew my husband's unit patches on his BDU's and such, and used the wrong needle and probably did fourteen other things wrong. (Now I just tell him to pay the ladies on post the 50 cents or whatever--they have the professional machines made for that!) She assured me that with a jeans/corduroy needle and a walking foot (since I can't adjust the pressure feet on my machine), I should be fine.

So I went to work, measuring and cutting fabric to make a table runner and two sets of placemats. Of course, once I saw how they looked on my table, I wanted some, too. Unfortunately, I didn't have enough fabric. :( But, I WAS wanting to make a "holiday" purse for the neighborhood Christmas party tonight--so I had the bright idea to use some of the leftovers for that. Here's what it looks like:

I like it ok, but not nearly as much as I do the table runner and placemats!

I need to get back to work now. I have sooo much more to sew before Christmas! I can't slack!

MonsterBug Blankets

www.monsterbugblankets.com

No comments: