Sunday, December 16, 2007

Odds and Ends Ramblings

The last few days I've been working on presents for Grandparents and for my Husband. Wish I could show you--but then they would see! Not a good idea. :) I'm starting to freak out a bit over whether I can get everything done before Christmas! I already know that I won't be able to complete Bug and Monster's UNC blankets. I gave up on those last week. But there are other things I wonder if I'll have time for. I try not to think about it too much, and just work hard each day, but I'm getting a little scared!

Husband went out of town over the weekend, so Bug and I have been working on a special present for him! I sure hope she doesn't tell him!!!! She's been super about NOT telling me whatever she and Daddy shopped for last week. She loves talking about buying a present for me with Daddy, and telling me where it is located, but I usually make sure to tell her NOT to tell me--that I would be soooo sad if I found out before Christmas!

I was asking my Sewing Guru about how to sew with a 3 yr old around. She gave me the great idea of letting her have some fabric to pin. OOOHHH how Bug LOVES to pin! So I let her pick whatever fabrics she wanted out of my scraps, and she was in heaven, pinning the fool out of everything! I had 30 minutes of sewing peace the other morning! Well, somewhat, cause Monster was pretty upset that HE didn't get to pin, too. :)

I've slowed down on worrying about etsy right now. I was trying to list new things everyday, and keep on top of everything--but there aren't alot of people shopping online right now. I think the shipping cut off is too close, and truthfully, I'm not really in the mood to rush to the post office and worry about whether something will get to its destination in time! Traffic seems slower on etsy--and has since I got my last order almost a week ago. Some people are still getting sales, but it's not worth it to me to push so hard right now. I have better things to do. It's hard at times, to sit back and not do anything, but nice at other times.

There was a discussion on etsy about when to start re-listing items, add new items, etc--basically, when will people begin online shopping again? My guess--on Christmas night! I used to shop like a mad woman on the 25th--great online deals! But as a seller, while the buying may be good that night, I don't want to spend all evening listing items and worrying about sales--I want to relax and enjoy my family! Maybe I'll spend 20-40 cents to re-list 1-2 items, just to get my shop in the first pages of searches, but maybe I won't! Maybe it's not THAT worth it!

I'm stretching like a lazy cat--I think it is time for a nap! Then more sewing! YAH!

MonsterBug Blankets
www.monsterbugblankets.com
Blankets and Gifts for Babies and Toddlers!

No comments: