Thursday, December 27, 2007

The rest of the presents

Ok, I'm finally getting around to posting pics of the presents I made this year. Here we go......
Bug's Cinderella skirt--it was worth the four hours I worked on it! It flounces so beautifully!

Some purses--for Sewing Guru and her daughter--who ADORES Sock Monkeys, as do I.

The purse Bug wanted made for her dance teacher. SHE picked out the fabrics--a light blue with white polka dots on the outside, and a spring green with white polka dots on the inside. :) She was soooo decisive--it was hilarious!
The Handprint Pillowcases I made for the Grandparents and an Aunt. :) I found that I like to applique. There may be more of it showing up here in the future!


And a lovely sweatshirt for an Auburn fan. Again, love that applique!

Ok, the only pictures I didn't post were the ones I forgot to take back in November, and the one of Husband's Dive Flag Blanket. It's lovely and big, and not quite finished. :( I still need to embroider the kiddos handprints all over it--other than that, it's done. It measures over 4.5 feet by 6 feet, and has two cozy layers of red fleece, with a white fleece stripe--all handstitched together. We both fit under it while sitting on the couch--with no fighting over who has enough blanket! First time in over 11 years!!!! :)

Anyway, that's the end of my handmade Christmas. Ooooohhhhhh, yikes--forgot. Yeah, Monster's present is still on the drawing board. I'm working on a new idea, and haven't quite figured it all out--so he'll have to wait. Thankfully he's too young to know he's missing out! :)

I've enjoyed not sewing for the past several days. And being a total zombie. It's been soooooo needed. Today, though, I found some lovelies that make me itch to sew. I visited Reece Antique Mall, and found a gorgeous cutter quilt and a great little boy's quilt top made of flannel. And I can't wait to turn the quilt top into some baby quilts. I've been eyeing both quilts since before Monster was born, and today the timing was right--I had the money AND they were on sale--40% and 25%, respectively!

I also bought two older Winnie the Pooh books that I plan on making into notecards. Then I HAD to buy some colorful notecards to mount them on. HAD TO! I'm telling you--the clerk had my arm tied behind my back! I kept looking and looking--I couldn't find exactly what I wanted for the price I was willing to pay. There were some lovely dark brown cards--20 for $4.99, but then it was another $5.99 for the envelopes (or vice versa). So $11 for 20 cards. :( I'll have to go back when they offer a weird discount for a percentage off the entire purchase--then it will be worth it. Or steal coupons from all my friends for 40-50% off an item. Enough of those will get me what I want! :)

I also purchased a heart muffin tin--well, a silicon muffin baker thingy--to make up some Valentine Crayons. The Christmas Trees I listed sold well, so I will try my luck with Valentine hearts. The cool thing--if they don't sell, I just melt them into some other cool shape!

I opened up a bank account solely for my business today. It was exciting. All these neat steps that make me feel like I'm growing. An Etsy shop, a domain name, a blog, a website, my own bank account--it's silly to write, but so exciting to experience. I made sure that I did NOT get overdraft protection linked between my checking and savings accounts. I'll be using Paypal, and I need to protect my money from some crazy person trying to steal my identity and spend my money! But that's another post for another day.

Gotta go--bedtime! Husband says!!! :) And I'm TIRED!

MonsterBug Blankets



No comments: