Sunday, December 2, 2007

Unwrapping Crayons



Who would've thought that it would take me three and a half hours to unwrap all the crayons I got from my mother-in-law??? Definitely NOT me! :) I thought this melting crayons into new shapes thing would be easy, not too time-consuming! HA on me! Not only did it take 3.5 hours to peel, but then it took me most of the morning to break them all, put them into the pans to melt, freeze them, re-melt a few that cracked, and then the photo taking and packaging! And this afternoon, the touching up of photos and beginning to list a few on etsy. BUT--aren't they adorable???? My favorite are the strawberry and raspberry ones. I also am partial to the camouflage ones--ie. the way you use up all the "ugly" crayons!

I worked on unwrapping the crayons last night while Husband flipped through the tv channels. And I even had time to glue the cardstock onto the back of all the tags I cut out last night. I still need to cut out the holes in the top and string them with ribbon or embroidery floss--I can't wait to see them finished.

My friend, Sonja, wandered through Downtown Dothan yesterday, too. We're looking at going in together with some craft fairs this coming year--so we're all giddy with ideas--what we like and don't like, how we want to do things, etc. I got a long email from her and could feel her ideas flying all over the place! :) It was fun!

MonsterBug Blankets
http://www.monsterbugblankets.com/
http://www.monsterbugblankets.shutterfly.com/
Blankets to cuddle under!

No comments: