Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Curtains--blah!

Well, I've decided I don't enjoy sewing curtains. Not at all. Something about the long lengths of fabric and not able to ever have things PERFECTLY lined up, straight, and even--it makes me ill-tempered. And all the ironing, ironing, ironing. UGH! I like to sew--not all the prepping--and the ironing is way too much prep work.

That said, I finished the three curtain panels for the nursery at my Mom's church, and it feels good to have it done! It's made out of this wonderfully cheerful fabric:

Isn't it pretty? I love it! And the curtains look lovely--once they get to their destination and I receive pictures of them hanging in the nurseries, I'll have to post them!

I still need to finish the edges of one baby blanket, sew three tie backs for the curtains, and figure out how to make a changing pad cover. I think I can do the cover ok--just need to study Monster's to figure it all out. I WANT to ship this all off by Saturday, but it may be Monday before I have all the last bits finished. Especially if it takes me awhile to think through that cover. Then Monday I'm off to work on all my craft fair pretties!

Goodnight!

MonsterBug Blankets

http://www.monsterbugblankets.com/


No comments: