Tuesday, January 15, 2008

My Sewing Place

You know what I'd like? I'd like a local store that sells only handmade articles from the people in the area. I keep hoping for this ultimate store--something amazing that I can sell my baby blankets in and it has pretties from so many other creative people. And we all sell well. :) And everyone wants to come buy from us..... Oh well.




Sooo, this is my work area. It's a bit crowded with things, but where else can I put them?? I love that my table is in front of the windows--I open the slats on the shutters and have lots of sunlight pouring in on me. :) On my table I have my lovely sewing machine; a couple of baskets with odds and ends packaging things, tools, etc; my strawberry pin cushion; an old tackle box; some crochet thread and baby blankets; and a ton of lovely embroidery threads on the right--for that day when I can buy an embroidery machine! (Hopefully soon!) The baskets and storage underneath contain crayons--for chunky crayon making, tons of ribbon--for the tag blankets, ties from my Grampa Scott, and scraps. My cutting board and rotary cutter/ruler are under, to the left. And also to the left (I tried to crop some of it out!) are my overflowing supplies for making sibling gift bags--which I have yet to actually make up! Too much other craziness going on! :) One day soon--well maybe not so soon--after March?




This is the inside of my handy tackle box--perfect for all my needs! Bobbins and scissors, pins, my walking foot and screwdriver, measuring tape, velcro, threads, and other junk that I cannot identify--and don't remember having in there! If I can just remember to shut it each time I'm done sewing, it would make my table look so much neater!

And this last picture is of a fabric I just couldn't not buy! I tried, I really, really did--but how yummy is it!??!! Can you imagine the dreams some little girl is going to have while snuggled up in this baby blanket??? I hope someone else loves it as much as I do--and buys the blankets I'm making out of it for their little one!



I think that's all I have in me for tonight. So goodnight.

MonsterBug Blankets
www.monsterbugblankets.com

No comments: