Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Rag Quilt Finished

Well, here I am. I wanted to write Monday night, but my head and body hurt, and I couldn't think straight. I tried to write last night, but I sat here and no words came out of my brain. I'm running a fever and feel rather yucky--so that's why there's been no post so far this week.
I did finish that rag quilt this week:

It's hard to see that the light colored blocks are a pale pink and white plaid. I LOVE, love, love that Alexander Henry "Western Style" fabric--aren't those cowgirl hats the best!!! While I've made Raggy-Tag Blankets (12 inches x 12 inches), this is my first actual pieced quilt. It turned out a bit bigger than I was planning--I think next time I'll cut the fabric so the blocks end up being 8 inches when finished, not 9. I told Husband that I just wanted to keep this quilt. :)

I've been working--slllllooooooowwwwwlllllyyyyy--on some Tag Blankets. I finished pinning all the ribbon tags on them today, and did the first sewing on them this afternoon. I still need to clip the corners, turn them right-side-out, topstitch them, and press them. I think I'll do a smaller batch of them next time--so I don't feel like I'm doing alot of nothing. All prep work and no finished product makes me feel horribly unproductive!

I think I've made a decision about all the Raggy-Tags I was going to make for the craft fair. I'll have to do them another time. I am not ready to work on them right now--each week has certain things assigned to it, and I don't have the extra time to cut and piece all those squares. The thought of having to prep those kinda paralyzed me last week--set me off course. There are lots of other things I wanted to get done that I've had to sideline until a later date, and I think these are going to be sidelined as well. It's hard, cause I think they would sell well.

But on the other hand, I'm itching to make another Raggy Quilt! :) That's not really in my time-frame, either. But with the quilt shop having a sale this Sunday, I MIGHT have to pick up some Funky Monkeys (sock monkey) fabric for a quilt or two! :)

That's all for tonight. My body and brain are completely drained. I think I'll just stare at the wall for a bit now. :)

MonsterBug Blankets

www.monsterbugblankets.com

No comments: