Friday, January 4, 2008

Zombie Days

I feel like it's been a year and a half since my last post--5 days ago. That's a long time in the blogging world! :) Wish I could say I've been soooo busy sewing that I forgot to post. Nope, more like too zombie-ish to think straight. Husband went back to work, so I have the kiddos all to myself=no sewing till they are asleep. Then I need a nap, and afterwards--well, it's been around 8pm before my brain seems to turn back on the past several days.

I did work some yesterday--I ironed the 7 yards of fabric for the curtains I need to start! It takes a LONG TIME to iron that much fabric! I suppose today I need to iron out the lining fabric. Yah, I'm oh so excited. I so love to sew--I soooooo hate the prep work!

I can't say my days are a complete bust--I have spent two evenings hand-stitching two of the three blankets I am making. That's nice to have done! I just sit on the couch next to hubby, and stitch away. It takes a good 2-2.5 hours to finish each blanket, so they are usually done by the time we get ready for bed.

I visited the quilt shop two days ago, and bought some fun fat quarters in pinks for some pillowcases I want to work on soon. I also found a lovely pink fabric with blue flowers on it that will go beautifully with a cowgirl hat fabric I have. I need to figure out a brown to go with both, and will make a baby quilt out of them! I just want to start my 8 million projects--all at the same time! :) Too many ideas!!! Thank goodness for a notebook to jot them all down in!

Well, that's it for now--the monsters are awake and needing breakfast!

MonsterBug Blankets
www.monsterbugblankets.com

1 comment:

Laura B said...

hi monsterbug blankets, just found you on etsy thread, calling all bloggers. love your shop and blog and i'll be back soon, you are inspiring, making all these beautiful things and being a mum :)