Saturday, February 2, 2008

Fabric I want, Fabric I have, Work to do

Because my local quilt shop is having a 30% off sale on Sunday, I want to buy, buy , buy! The urge is HUGE! All that sock monkey fabric is calling my name!!!! I REALLY want to make a Raggy Quilt with some sock monkeys. But I checked my bank account last night, and I REALLY need to hold onto that meager amount--there are supplies I HAVE to buy before the craft fair--and I don't want to run out of money before then!!! It would be rather bad to not have more than 50 business cards. Or to turn down credit card sales cause I couldn't afford to get a ProPay account. Silly little things like that. :)

The good thing, though--I was going through some of my fabrics yesterday, and re-found a gorgeous blue fabric with green fish, a green and blue plaid, a plain blue, and a light blue flannel--these would make a gorgeous rag quilt! SO YAH!!! Sometimes I just need to shop around in my own fabric stash!!!! (THAT would be smart--huh!?) I also want to make one with my lunchboxes fabric, a yellow gingham, and maybe a white eyelet. I have enough fabric to play with--but there's always a hunger for more!

I listed two more things on Etsy yesterday--a Baby Blanket covered with construction vehicles--soooo cute, and a pale pink Tag Blanket with sock monkeys jumping on pogo sticks. :) With the other Tag Blankets I finished this week, I think I'm going to make matching Burp Cloths, and sell them as a set. That was my plan for a bunch of the Tag Blankets I'm making--some singles, and some as sets. My thought is that a set would seem more like a gift than just one Tag Blanket. We'll see, I suppose!

I have 19 Tag Blankets waiting for me to pin and sew this coming week, and have tons more that I COULD cut out and get ready. I need to see how this week goes, though. I have tons more to create AFTER the Tag Blankets, too, so I may need to wait till later to see if I have time then to work on them.

That's all for now. :)
MonsterBug Blankets
www.monsterbugblankets.com

No comments: