Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Storms

I didn't sleep well last night. I woke up about an hour after falling asleep and couldn't go back to sleep. I tried to list several things on etsy, but their site had a glitch and pictures weren't loading. So I went to http://www.monsterbugblankets.com/, and put up the Valentine Chunky Crayons I worked on Sunday. Sewing Guru mentioned to do this, and I wish I'd done it a day earlier--only I can't think of when I would have done it!


Aren't they cute??? Bug helped me take off the wrappers (soaking them in water helps alot--though I still have about 50-60 VERY stubborn ones to work on!), and she helped me break the crayons, and put them in the muffin tin. :) She LOVES to help with all this!

I have so many, many more to do! I'm selling them online and at the craft fair in March. ($1 a crayon, 4 for $3.50--any takers???) I was planning on bagging three of them together in a clear bag tied with ribbon:

But as I thought about it, I like the idea of having a bunch out in a container, and letting people buy one or four or ten, and being able to choose the colors they want. Then I'll bag them up, I suppose. :)

Back to not sleeping--it was only after Husband woke for work that I realized I was frightened by the storms that are sweeping through the south. Even after realizing my fears, I had difficulty falling and staying asleep. Last March really frightened me--with the tornado that destroyed a local high school--and now the storms that are to barrel through today have me on edge. (It would have been nice to know they weren't coming through till today!)

So sewing while tired and weary--it's hard. I've struggled with fighting off sickness the past week and a half, and weariness has reigned in me. Now added is a night of very little sleep. Thank You, God, that Your grace is abundant and sufficient! That's the only way I am making it right now!

1 comment:

Liz (made in lowell) said...

These crayons are so cute! Love the packaging, hope they sell like crazy :)

Liz