Monday, February 11, 2008

Sunny Afternoon

This afternoon the sun was shining through my front windows, spilling over my work table. How could I NOT sit down and sew??? I'm working on burp cloths this week, and right now I'm adding a bit of trim to the fabric strip that'll go at the bottom of the burp cloths. It's a fun little project--everything is already cut--so I can sew, sew, sew, and not have to do any prep. It's relaxing and fun pairing the different colors and strips together. I didn't get to sew all afternoon, like I would have LOVED to! But it was a pretty day, and I enjoyed getting outside in the sun, the warmth, and the breezes! (I know--all of you further north are probably HATING me right now--but it is spring here in lower Alabama!)

I'd LOVE a sunny, lazy afternoon, just sitting and sewing away. Thinking--or not--while my machine hums away. This weekend I just about ached to do this--but we had company, the kids woke up early, or we were working on taxes. It's ok, I enjoyed what we did, but part of me is dying to sew! :) The past few weeks of weariness and sickness and gloomy weather sapped my energy and desire to create--but now that sunniness has me wanting to work! Of course, it's supposed to rain tomorrow again. We need it--but I WANT to sit in the sun and sew!!! :)

That's all for now!
MonsterBug Blankets
http://www.monsterbugblankets.com/

No comments: