Saturday, April 12, 2008

Adult Blanket, Baby Bib

Here's the adult blanket I finished yesterday. I love it! :)

And here's a bib I worked on today. On Etsy there was an alchemy request for some bibs--and I figured I should try them out. Can't believe that with two kiddos I never made any. But who has the chance when they are young enough to wear them??!! :) Next time around, I'd either use a thicker backing material, use two layers of flannel, or add a flannel layer in the middle. Other than that--it was fairly easy, and I am pleased with the result.

We visited the Army Aviation Museum today. It was rainy, and the kids were climbing the walls! So they got to look at ALL the helicopters and airplanes, walk through a Chinook, and sit in an Apache cockpit. It was fun. At the gift shop, there were a few baby items for sale that were "army". There's a fabric out there now that's army related, and someone made a diaper clutch with that and some blue chenille. It was cute. And someone else made some baby bibs--they appliqued red/white/blue patterned stars on a white bib. They were cute, too. I asked about whether the gift shop did consignments or bought wholesale, but the girl didn't know. I DID get her manager's number, so next week I'll have to call! Oh, and I left a business card, too. :)
That's it for now. I have tons of packing to do! And I STILL haven't gotten to play with my new embroidery machine. :( boohoo
MonsterBug Blankets

No comments: