Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Monster's Piggies

One day while in the forums on Etsy, I came across a striking avatar (the little picture that each person chooses to go with their online persona). It was of a little boy's feet, playing in water. And it was so precious--immediately making me think of Monster's little naked pigs--and how he's ALWAYS wanting to play in water! I clicked on the shop to see more--and the picture was a small part of a paint-by-numbers painting that the shop owner turned into a pendant!

Well, I'm a pendant kind of girl--I wear necklaces almost every single day. I was excited, until I saw the size of the pendant--2"x1.75"--that's HUGE! I even cut out a piece of paper that size, and "tried it on." I didn't like the size. But boy, I KEPT going back to that pendant. When I showed it to Sewing Guru last week, I realized that if someone else BOUGHT my little boy's piggies, I'd probably CRY! So on the spot, I purchased it (with some of my etsy earnings!).

Here it is!!! Thank you, Kim, from Persimmons!

And the size, while bigger than I usually wear, is PERFECT! Now, If you're thinking, what SHOULD I buy MonsterBug Blankets for her birthday?????--Kim also carries this: http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=10724037, and I'd LOVE to wear it as well! :) :) :)

That's all for now!

MonsterBug Blankets

http://www.monsterbugblankets.com/


1 comment:

Persimmons Gal said...

You are so sweet thank you so much! I am always really happy to hear that people enjoy my creations. This is a really kind post and I really appreciate it!