Saturday, May 3, 2008

New Toy Prototype

So, after seeing a cool stuffed frog at the Front Porch Quilt Shoppe on Tuesday, then talking with a friend about the neat stuffed teddy bear I have that's made out of old army BDU's or an army wool blanket, I had the idea to stuff some flowers and fish to go along with my Play Blankets. I cut out the fabrics the other day, and worked on the flower some today. I am DEFINITELY in prototype phase still! It just didn't turn out like I envisioned. :( I hate that. Maybe the size, or the shape, or how the ribbons are arranged. Maybe the stuffing. I'm not sure--but I just don't like it 100%. So I still need to play with it. BUT, since it's made, I can at least test the filling by washing it repeatedly! (I used cut up pieces of leftover fabric scraps.. The frog was stuffed with styrofoam type beads, and felt soooo neat--but it's styrofoam--and I wanted something all cotton. We'll see!)

I finally finished ONE bib. yah. Actually, I ended up loving the chenille on the back, after all! I'm still trying to decide IF I want to add a layer of flannel in the middle, or not. I need to show my finished one to Very Verdant, and see what she thinks. The snap worked like a charm, too--it wasn't too bulky after all.

I need to iron my new camouflage fabrics, and get those cut--so I can get BUSY this next week! For some reason I thought I had two weeks to go till Very Verdant sells on post--but it's in just over a week. UGH! Bibs and Burp Cloths--first priority! Good thing is that Husband was gone all day today, and is giving me some time to myself tomorrow afternoon--and I hope to sew all afternoon/evening. Head start--much needed! (So, I guess I'm ironing and cutting TONIGHT!)

I still don't have pictures of anything. You'll have to wait--maybe one day I'll actually post them all! :) It's been a tough week. My mind is on family and friends, and not on much else. Cancer, miscarriage, stroke, closing an estate, changing jobs/moving, job decisions--all on top of each other, jumbled together, and affecting dear people in my life.

Anyway, that's it for now. I NEED to get those Monsters down here!

MonsterBug Blankets
www.monsterbugblankets.com

PS--did you know styrofoam is supposed to be capitalized? I didn't--and will be hard-headed and refuse to capitalize it! How weird.

No comments: