Friday, May 16, 2008

Selling at the PX--Day Four--Payday! :)

Day Four turned out to be a good one--7 sales between Very Verdant and myself! YAH!

I did get four more bibs made up yesterday before I headed in to Ft Rucker to help Very Verdant. Two more helicopter ones, and two vintage airplane ones. :) I found it funny that my Monster has a blanket made of the helicopter fabric (which he cries about when it has to be washed--"helcoper, helcoper"!), and a quilt made out of the vintage airplanes fabric! :) As soon as I got to the PX, I pulled out all my paraphernalia to get the snaps and price tags onto the bibs--the snap squeezer-on tool was at the PX in a basket. I normally print out the labels for all my things, but I guess the other night I ran the ink absolutely dry--so I used my rubber stamp to stamp all the tags, then wrote all the care info on the back. While I sewed the tags on all the bibs, Very Verdant put all the snaps on for me. And just in time, too, cause a lady came by while we were in this process, and snatched up one of my helicopter bibs! :)

I had one yard left of the helicopter fabric, and was debating about doing all bibs with it, or 4 bibs and 4 burp cloths. Husband told me last night to just make up all bibs with it--so I have four more cut out and ready to sew today! It's funny that after putting out the bibs yesterday, people came by to look again--people who went by us earlier in the week. I tried to give a card to one lady who was oohing and aahing over the bibs--but she already had one from before. :) (Very Verdant is GREAT at giving people cards!)

The PX is having a "block party" this weekend. There are sales and discounts all weekend--but on Saturday, they are having some sort of kids bicycle event. It sounds fun--and having it from 10-1--perfect! The kids'll get hungry and grumpy, moms and dads will bring them in for food, and they'll "need" something from the px--and hopefully "need" something from us, as well! :) The post animal shelter is capitalizing on this, too--they are bringing their adoptable pets to hang out at the PX all morning! :) How shameless is that!!!! (I swear, if they have a German Shepherd puppy--I'm done for!!!!)

That's it for now. Bug and Monster and I get to chill out today while Very Verdant works her hiney off. But tomorrow bright and early, I'll be out there working beside her. Last day is Saturday!

MonsterBug Blankets
www.monsterbugblankets.com

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

RC helicopters have become a very common RC toy lately and come in a variety of prices and types. Many problems that beginners face are what type of helicopter to choose, power source for it and whether they want an indoor or outdoor one. With many more options on top of those you can imagine how difficult it is for beginners to take off, literally. First let's talk about the different power sources that a RC model airplanes can have, and which one will best suit you. Forget cards and gentle aerobics - the best way to keep the elderly sharp is to teach them to play video game s , new research suggests.
led light®, Inc., a leading flashlight manufacturer for fire and rescue uses, has introduced the Vantage(TM), a compact, low-profile tactical flashlight that attaches easily to full-brim fire helmets. The new hands-free light features new C4(TM) power led flashlight technology which produces two to three times the output of Super High Flux led flashlights and a special safety tail light so firefighters can be followed in even the thickest smoke.