Thursday, July 31, 2008

Runway and Heliport Playmat

This is Monster's Christmas present from LAST year--just completed today.
No, it's not a purse. (I'll let those of you who know hubby pick yourselves off the floor now.)
It's a Runway and Helipad Playmat!
It folds up nice and neat, and has handles to carry it around!
Here it is with a few of Monster's EXTENSIVE aircraft collection--just so you get the full effect!

This is my first prototype of this playmat. I already have a laundry list of changes I want to make. But since I'd already started it in this shape and size about 8 or 9 months ago, I finished it the way it was started. I'm trying to remember the size--I think approximately 18"x22", give or take.

I came up with the idea last year--Hubby flies both airplanes and helicopters, and I was a student pilot many, many moons ago. The runway numbers are from the main runways I flew in and out of when I took lessons--good old three three and one five! :) The helipad is all for hubby! :) Hope the little squirt loves it!

Not much sewing going on here. We've been super-busy running the kids around and just going through life. I've just sewn some here and there. I made some gorgeous dish towels for my neighbor this week, but forgot to photograph them before the kids delivered them. So you'll just have to take my word on it!

I've ordered alot of fabric--some Christmas, some halloween. I found a place to finally purchase the ACU fabric--so I can make playmats and baby blankets and stockings and bibs and burp cloths and, and, and.....out of it. The one business I contacted 4 times by email, three by phone, and for some reason, they just are not interested in my money. So don't try Magna Fabrics if you are searching for ACU fabric! Maybe I'm too small potatoes with the 30 yards I wanted. Maybe they are just soooooo busy they don't have time to sneeze. But when someone has money for you--take it!

That's about it for my update!

MonsterBug Blankets

www.monsterbugblankets.com


2 comments:

Rebecca said...

what an awesome idea, and great execution!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.