Monday, August 18, 2008

Another Runway and Helipad Playmat


Here's prototype #2. I thought I'd make it big and round, with a drawstring for Monster to carry it around when he was done playing. Maybe it's the size--and it needs to be smaller next time--but the drawstrings were too long. I was hoping to have it similar to a backpack when it was drawn up--but nope, WAY too long--especially for little almost two yr old legs. :P But, it is a GREAT playmat, size-wise--approximately 29 inches across.
So, my dilemma--do I make these playmats rectangular, like here--nicely sized for popping in a diaper bag? Or round, like this one--great for lying on in the floor and playing? Smaller circle? larger rectangle? with or without a drawstring? Too many, many choices!
Anyway, that's a little something I was working on the past two days. I have an adult blanket to finish this week, and a custom order of dish towels and a set of curtains. Can't wait to show those off! :)
MonsterBug Blankets

4 comments:

MayRae said...

Love the size and shape. The drawstrings... if there was a way you could connect them back through to make the loops smaller... curious to see what the final looks like.

Emily of Ella-Bear Bowtique said...

I love the large circle! What a cute and unique idea. I think if you could rework the straps to make them smaller that it's a great addition to the play mat for storage and I think it would make an awsome gift. :)

MonsterBug Blankets said...

Thanks, MayRae and Emily! I appreciate your comments--they help! Still mulling over this...I need to take it by my friend, and pick her brain, too. :)

Amy said...

This is super-cute and a great idea. Might be easier to just fold it up and put it in a separate carry bag?!?

Good luck figuring it out. I know you'll come up with something great.

Amy of recycledjeans.etsy.com