Friday, October 24, 2008

Ta Da.....

Here they are: Merryville Tot Town Playmats!
They measure approximately 17"x21", and while the placement is different on each playmat,
all of the scene is on each of them: airport, hotel, playground, "Welcome to Merryville", etc.Each has a blue denim back, and denim ties with ragged edges
Cost: $15.00 (plus shipping and/or tax)
(And you can buy them HERE.)

I did get two small bursts of energy yesterday--well, rather bursts of motivation--cause the energy was hardly there. I spent the kids' bathtime pressing all the playmats (thought I'd DIE--how does sitting in a chair and ironing really wear you out?). Then after lunch, I topstitched them all. Today they received their final pressing, and I pulled all the strings (most of them, at least) off the ties. I originally was going to roll them up with the denim on the outside--but it's so much prettier with the town on the outside, don't you think?
I picked up a 58 gallon container at the store today to hold all the newest items I'm making. The old one is overflowing, and the bench in my workroom was overflowing, too--so it was time for a new one. It now holds about 16 baby doll blankets, 18-20 baby doll burp cloths, and 9 of the playmats. Kinda looks empty--but I have two baby blankets and several bibs to put in there, too--I just didn't get a chance to finish pressing them today.
That's all for now, hoping to get much accomplished this weekend!
MonsterBug Blankets

4 comments:

terryann said...

fun fun!

Rebecca said...

I love the new playmats! They have such a fun, vintage feel!

Emily of Ella-Bear Bowtique said...

Those are really cute! I had one like that when I was a kid.

Cams said...

Those are adorable! I am so excited for you and the bazaar! I haven't talked to you in a while and was hoping you were well, then noticed that you have sewn your time away! Yeah!
Cami (Bears and More on Etsy)