Tuesday, December 9, 2008

5am Wakeups

Soooo, in order to STOP STRESSING over all the Christmas sewing I need to do--I am waking up at 5am to ensure that I have enough time to do it all. Today--it was 4am--though not by plan--just because. In the past two days, I've sewn 8 cocktail napkins and the first sewing of 10 dish towels and 8 tea towels. Not too bad! I have to pin and cut out another 15ish tea towels and 2 dish towels (for me--don't tell!). :)

I got a HUGE box in the mail from my sis yesterday--with over 7 yards of white chenille. So today, while on my grocery shopping run, I'm probably going to end up at the laundry mat--to wash and dry all those yards into soft, cozy perfection! Hubby has banned me from using our own washer and dryer again for this fabric--since I broke the dryer for two weeks the last time I dried chenille--and since his clothes had little fuzzies all over them, too. :P

I talked with hubby about the two craft fairs I was debating between. And he made the decision easy--he's in classes for work around the time of Piney Woods, and would not be able to help me at all the week prior to the show. Everything gets so hectic that week, and he takes the kids away or outside, so I can finish my sewing. And he does the dishes and picks up, since all my time, thoughts, and efforts are into sewing and prepping for the show. I need that help, and so the Piney Woods fest will have to wait till another year. Nice thing is, I now have till April to get things done! YAH! And I get to try out another craft fair.

I'm pooped for the day, and it is barely 9am! This is the craziness that happens when one wakes up at 4am and runs around like a chicken with her head cut off! I'm ready for a nap, and the kids are still going strong! :)

MonsterBug Blankets
www.monsterbugblankets.com

No comments: