Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Best Laid Plans...

Soooo, after a nice, long, relaxing weekend, and catching up on some much needed rest, there's ALOT of things needing attention in the MonsterBug Blankets household! So my PLANS for today were to tackle EVERYTHING that needs done upstairs. everything. Ha! I worked some in Bug's room before breakfast--getting clothes put away (from her 35 changes a day!), and some storage put back into her attic. Then we ate breakfast, and the kids started playing so nicely, and I needed to catch up with a friend.....

And THIS is what I made while chatting--see I wasn't 100% ineffective!

I'm always seeing such CUTE, CUTE, CUTE little moleskin cahier notebooks on etsy. And on a wonderful, childless visit to Barnes and Noble yesterday, I picked up some of these journals--knowing I wanted to do something fun with them. So I trimmed some fabric scraps, put a heavy-duty needle on the sewing machine, and quickly stitched this fun notebook! Now I need to decide what to use it for--do I pop it in my purse for thoughts/ideas I have on the run? Do I keep it next to my chair, and use it instead of the 4,000 sticky notes I keep on the table? Do I use it for my prayers? I don't know. Maybe I should make up the other two--then I could have one for each! I'm having thoughts of using some sheets of music I have.....
Maybe the upstairs will get done this afternoon?
:) MonsterBug Blankets
PS--Lest anyone think I did nothing today BUT sew this cute little notebook and laze around--a reminder--I DO have two preschoolers underfoot--they need feeding--constantly--and dressed and loved on and played with.... Also, I did manage to fold a load of laundry, re-organize the linen closet, wipe down two walls with mysterious milk splashes on them, clean up crumbs and LOTS of playdoh, vacuum the floors, frame a picture and hang it--finally!, and play beauty salon with Bug--on top of the cleaning of Bug's room before breakfast. I just didn't finish the plans I made before the day got started. :) That's normal!

1 comment:

terryann said...

cute note pad/journal... I would use this for shopping list.