Sunday, January 25, 2009

MonsterBug Blankets and the CPSIA

Lots and lots of worries, fears, etc are going on with the new CPSIA law starting 10 February. Until the law is amended, I will only have items for sale online that were sewn/made on 9 February 2009 or prior. I cannot afford to test anything made on or after 10 February 2009, though I'm pretty darn sure the items in my inventory have not been injected with lead nor do they have a lead blanket sewn in the middle as batting. No lead-based paint has accidentally spilled on them, nor crumbled from my walls (thankfully, we live in a house built in the mid-80's). Just to let you know. In case you were worried.

I'll still sew baby items--supposedly I can still sell in-state at craft fairs without getting the lead testing done, and I have a little niece coming who NEEDS some MonsterBug Blankets to wrap in! So she will get some untested, but definitely lead-free, baby blankets, bibs, burp cloths, etc. If anyone else is interested in some black-market, after 10 February, untested--but lead-free--baby items, hmmmmm.....Maybe I know someone who can hook you up.......

But do know--my stock is marvelous, and full of goodies I've never even listed--so I'll keep on listing my pre-CPSIA items for awhile. Hopefully, by the time I have them all online, this silly-written law will be amended. If not, plan B is to get busy on some adult items--many of which have already been featured on this blog over the past 2 years. Or, I'll start playing more with my photography....

:) MonsterBug Blankets
www.monsterbugblankets.com

No comments: