Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Weddings


(Click image to see better!)
It's been nearly 12 years since I said I Do to my dear husband. I think we may have been to one wedding since. So when I was asked to be the photographer for a friend's sister's wedding, I kept thinking, Heavens, what kind of photos are "in" nowadays? (My sister said sideways/crooked ones!) I talked intently with my little sis--the ever creative Beckagator Photography--since she's photographed a few weddings already. I also bought two issues of Martha Stewart's Weddings magazine. I was nervous and sooo excited. Especially nervous about the wedding being at night and outside--HOW do you light such an event??? I'm such a lover of natural, DAYTIME light! :P

The couple made it super-easy. They are naturals at posing, posed most of the photos themselves (whew!), and they knew exactly what they wanted. I also took a bunch of candid pics as they talked and were silly with their families. I liked that--they were relaxed and had fun, and so did I. I think my favorite pictures were of the bride's brother and bro-in-law stuffing her into an old carriage, cause she didn't want to walk in the mud right in front of it, but wanted to be in it to have a picture done with them. :) I took lots of pics then. :)

I'm pretty sure I don't want to do alot of wedding photography--not anytime soon, at least. I don't like being away from my family for such a long time. And the pressure of not screwing up the pictures--believe me, it is intense! But I think it might be fun to do candid type portrait sessions--like children at a playground. Or maybe I'll just stick to MY children at the playground....

Anyway, I am grateful for the experience! Anytime I can take a bazillion pictures and gain more experience is fun! :)

MonsterBug Blankets
http://www.monsterbugblankets.com/

2 comments:

Robin@creations-anew.com said...

Monster....I've never done a wedding, but I love taking senior portraits....Beautiful shot
Robin
CreationsAnew

beckagator said...

Hey Sis!, I'm having some domain issues with my website, it can still be accessed at http://www.beckagatorphotography.webs.com
I have a friend helping me with the domain stuff. right now beckagatorphotography.com just goes to a random godaddy.com site.