Sunday, March 8, 2009

12 Years Ago

Twelve years ago, I said "I do" to my dear husband. :) I cried out of joy as I walked down the aisle on my father's arm. My hubby made me laugh the whole ceremony. :) The rest seemed a blur--pictures, an appearance at the reception, and then we were off--and hungry. Cause WHO even eats at their reception?

My mind has been on our wedding since I photographed the wedding on Valentine's Day. I searched Flickr for Hotel Roanoke pictures. :) I thought about our brief time in Washington DC--I had to get a military ID card before hubby departed back to Germany! (And I cannot believe the lady granted me one without an official marriage certificate! She told me to fax it in when we picked it up!?) We spent several cold, snowy, and wonderful days in upstate NY. :) And then we visited with family and friends before my husband left to return to Germany--with us both unsure of when I could join him again. Ah, the joys of military life were just beginning!

It's been a wonderful 12 years! I would not trade them (or him!) for anything!

Happy Anniversary, Love!

5 comments:

Teri's Treasures said...

AWWW! :) Happy Anniversary... what a huge accomplishment, especially throwing the military in the mix of a marriage! May you have another 12 happy years and then some.

Bubba & Rye said...

congrats!!! I think one of the odd pros of military life is not taking each other for granted...sounds like you know what you got!

Robin@creations-anew.com said...

Happy Anniversary....Like you, I don't regret one moment of our 22 years...:)

A great heartfelt post.
Robin
CreationsAnew Photography & Design

Very Verdant said...

Awe, sorry I forgot...Happy Anniversary!

quiltingfrenzy said...

Sorry I'm a little late, but congratulations. Military life is always so unpredictable even in the best of times, but I always loved it.