Friday, April 3, 2009

Cozy Blankets for K and B



Aren't these adorable?  I can't decide which one I like better--the cool Harley-Davidson Blanket or the Frog with the orange N applique?  Too bad I shipped them both off today. :(

I had a bit of a mishap with my sewing machine this week.  Three weeks before TroyFest.  While vacuuming.  I still can't believe it!  I hit the picnic basket under my sewing table while vacuuming, it bonked the cord to my sewing machine, and sparks went flying!  I completely fried my machine.  I loved my little machine.  I immediately began adding in my head the $$ I have available for another machine.  I mean, there's a craft fair in THREE WEEKS!  As I stood there by my sewing table, thinking and staring at my sewing and embroidering machine across the room, it took me a minute for things to sink in--I have a sewing and embroidery machine across the room! :)  YAH!  

This new (to me) machine intimidates me.  It's not a simple turn the dial kind of machine.  So I had to break out the users' manual.  (Had to figure out where that was first!)  First thing this morning I plugged that bad boy in, and started practicing.  Then I finished the two blankets above.  Oh man, am I in love!  That machine is like a race car (sounds like one, too)!  I'm already sooo happy with the new bells and whistles--things that I never knew a sewing machine could do--and now I cannot live without! :)  

Three weeks to go till TroyFest.  Did I say that already?  I'm excited and starting to freak out now!  

:) MonsterBug Blankets

PS--It's a Singer Quantum Futura C-200.

No comments: