Wednesday, April 15, 2009

quietness


Things have felt so crazy here.  I've been putting so much pressure on myself about getting more and more made for TroyFest.  And there were three family members in the hospital/having surgery this week--the worries for them have been playing in the back of my mind for days.  So Monday, I sat in my living room with my husband and watched tivoed shows for three straight hours.  And yesterday, on my afternoon to run out and about--I visited with a friend, stopped by the quilt shop and browsed and jabbered, and then I stopped in a field and took pictures.  I felt very refreshed.  Today I wanted desperately to get lost in quiet--my way of dealing with my thoughts--but two little ones being silly kept me from much of that!  But I did have awhile this afternoon when I just sat and ironed on appliques and was quiet.  I watched some tv with hubby, and we just were together.  I know right now I should be pushing to finish things--but my sanity is requiring quiet, few deadlines, and just being.  So I am working on what I can, and enjoying quiet moments as much as possible.  with two toddlers.  :)

MonsterBug Blankets

2 comments:

beckagator said...

what lens did you use for that, its amazing blur in the background. I need a new lens, I broke mine :(

MonsterBug Blankets said...

Becs, I used my Tamron 70-300mm on the macro setting (180-300), and it was windy--so the background was moving, too--which only added to that effect. But even without the wind, this lens does that blurring so prettily. Hubby bought the lens for me back when he got my original SLR (film)--I think it was part of the package.