Friday, May 15, 2009

Harley-Baby!



Last month, my sister K called and asked if I could find some Harley-Davidson fabric to make a baby blanket for a friend of hers.  I found some on ebay--if it's not on ebay, it's not been made!--and it was cute, so I ordered two yards of it--one yard for her blanket, one to sell extra.  I'm so glad I did that, cause this fabric makes sweet baby items!  I made a bib, burp cloth, and second Cozy Blanket out of the extra yard, and listed them online.  This week, a lady emails me and wants to know if I could make a matching onesie...hmmmm...can't believe I hadn't thought of that earlier!  Especially nice--I had a long piece of this fabric about 5" high, that I couldn't use for anything--it has 15! good logos on it--so I have PLENTY to make onesies and Tshirts! :)  (Also, I just re-ordered more of this fabric, as I am nearly out!)

I sewed several bibs and burp cloths this week, and am adding online what wasn't already taken for orders.  Some of them were just back-ups to the ones I already have listed.  I'm realizing that in order to have a full shop, I need to keep listings online that I may not have made--and make them as they are ordered.  I've been watching those who sell ALOT on etsy, and they seem to do this--relist items that have sold, and make the same items over and over.  

When I ordered new fabrics after TroyFest, they all came in and were sooo pretty--and sooo PINK....  So I've been window shopping for boy fabrics this week. :)  Sooo many cute ones!  Rockets and dogs are on my list of favorites!

I got the Tshirts in on Monday--I now can make all my onesie designs on Tshirts--size 2T-5/6T!  YAH!  

:) MonsterBug Blankets

PS--the Harley-Baby items are for sale in my etsy shop.


No comments: