Friday, August 7, 2009

Fish Plush Lovey


I've been trying to think of baby toys to make. I have a cute idea for a Lolly Dolly, but really, I am not excited by the need to hand sew all those eyes and mouths! So one night, late, just as I was drifting off to neverland, I thought about making this Fish Lovey. It measures approximately 5"x7"--plus ribbons. It is colorful, with ribbon loops to play with, and a soft chenille back. I love how it turned out! Now, I did try (again) to make a flower lovey--but (again) it didn't turn out how I envisioned. :P I have another idea I want to try for the flower, but it may be awhile before I get to it.

I'm adding some more bibs and burp cloths to my 1000 Markets Shop next week. I sewed a bunch last week, and got some pictures taken in between thunderstorms the other day! (It's been storming on and off for about 2 weeks now!)

Some exciting news--1000 Markets just sent out about 25 boxes for a PR Campaign. Inside were postcards showcasing several of the Markets--and one of my Cozy Blankets was on the back of the Child's Play Market postcard! YAH! BUT--my friend Beth's shop (The Yarn Chick) made the FRONT of the postcard! Her little girl was wearing one of her hats--too cute!

:) MonsterBug Blankets

No comments: