Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Crib Bedding


I've been emailing back and forth with L. for awhile, trying to get all the details hashed out for this crib bedding. It is nearly complete--just the crib skirt is left! I love the fabrics and colors L. chose! I think the two of us might just be cut from the same cloth--our tastes are very similar. :)

I'm not sure I'll do more crib bedding in the future....maybe now that I know what I'm doing, it will be easier--or if the customer and I could go to the store together... It is hard to do a custom order and discuss things through emails. But I love how everything looks now that the order is mostly finished. Makes me wish I'd known more when Monster needed a bumper pad--I tried to follow a pattern--pinning and cutting a bazillion pieces of fabric and batting....this set was WAY easier! I realized all I needed was two 41"x 12" pieces (front and back) per bumper pad. Sew them together, leave a hole to flip and push foam through, and done. Oh, ribbons need sewn into the sides, too. The sheet was even easier! I had to dig Monster's crib mattress out of the attic to make sure my measurements fit the mattress. I did this AFTER I cut the fabric--yikes! But it was a perfect fit! I had some moments with the elastic--but I tamed it, and was happy with how the sheet turned out. I told L. that I almost want to have another baby--just to make colorful, fun sheets for him/her! Almost--but not quite! ;)

I'm working on more things, too--I haven't updated on here in awhile....but I'll leave them for another post.

:) MonsterBug Blankets

2 comments:

nikid said...

Very nice! Your customer will love them!

beckagator said...

well if you did have another baby you would just be perpetuating the spoiled last born mentality with the colourful sheets, you can only hope they would turn out as good as me.