I've been emailing back and forth with L. for awhile, trying to get all the details hashed out for this crib bedding. It is nearly complete--just the crib skirt is left! I love the fabrics and colors L. chose! I think the two of us might just be cut from the same cloth--our tastes are very similar. :)
I'm not sure I'll do more crib bedding in the future....maybe now that I know what I'm doing, it will be easier--or if the customer and I could go to the store together... It is hard to do a custom order and discuss things through emails. But I love how everything looks now that the order is mostly finished. Makes me wish I'd known more when Monster needed a bumper pad--I tried to follow a pattern--pinning and cutting a bazillion pieces of fabric and batting....this set was WAY easier! I realized all I needed was two 41"x 12" pieces (front and back) per bumper pad. Sew them together, leave a hole to flip and push foam through, and done. Oh, ribbons need sewn into the sides, too. The sheet was even easier! I had to dig Monster's crib mattress out of the attic to make sure my measurements fit the mattress. I did this AFTER I cut the fabric--yikes! But it was a perfect fit! I had some moments with the elastic--but I tamed it, and was happy with how the sheet turned out. I told L. that I almost want to have another baby--just to make colorful, fun sheets for him/her! Almost--but not quite! ;)
I'm working on more things, too--I haven't updated on here in awhile....but I'll leave them for another post.
:) MonsterBug Blankets